Credit Counselling Singapore assists individuals address their unsecured debt problem, help them to understand their financial situation and facilitate a debt repayment arrangement with their creditors that is within their means. This helps the individual to discharge their debt obligation in an honourable manner. More importantly, they are able to have with peace of mind and move on in life.
CCS believes that prevention is important and promotes responsible use of credit through our education programmes.
We offer the following services:
Assistance with Unsecured Debt Problems
1. Information Talks on Debt Management – Free talks conducted weekly to provide general information on how to address a debt problem, how to deal with creditors and how one can approach CCS for help.
2. Financial Counselling – One-to-one financial counselling to help individuals better understand their financial situation, explore feasible solutions to address their debts and how they can improve their finances.
3. Debt Management Programme (DMP) – CCS is the only Social Service Agency that has a structured debt repayment arrangement with consumer banks and credit card companies in Singapore. CCS helps to monitor the progress of individuals in the Debt Management Programme until they achieve full settlement.
4. Enterprise Credit Counselling Programme – This is a service that helps debt-distressed small business owners understand their obligations and financial liabilities in the event of a business failure. Where feasible, CCS will propose a comprehensive debt repayment arrangement that addresses both business and personal unsecured debts.
Financial Education Programmes
5. Financial Literacy Talks and Workshops – CCS also conducts talks and workshops to promote responsible credit use and improve basic financial literacy in Singapore, with a focus on practicing good money management skills.
6. Cents-ible Retirement Programme (CRP) – CCS has also developed a specialised programme that helps young seniors aged 50 and above to be more financially reliant in retirement.