1-to-1 Counselling Session
During a 1-on-1 financial counselling session, the focus is on providing you with personalised debt advise.
Our Financial Counsellors will work together with you to help you better understand your financial position, your monthly cash flow (of your income and expenses), and to identify feasible solution(s) that you may explore and/or the necessary actions to take to resolve your debt problem.
A session may take up to one hour. Normally, help-seekers require only one session. However, some help-seekers may require more than one session as more time may be required to make lifestyle adjustments and review one’s own financial situation.
1. Be prepared to answer questions about your sources of income and assets owned.
2. Volunteer information that have impact on your financial position.
3. Work with the Debt Adviser to draw up your monthly budget.
4. Heed the advice given and be prepared to make lifestyle adjustments and live with basic necessities.
5. Be open to other options, if your prevailing financial circumstances warrant it.
6. Be able to determine how much money you will need to set aside to for debt repayment in a DMP, based on your debt size.
CCS charges a one-time fee of $30 on your first appointment with our Debt Adviser.
There is no further fee for subsequent appointments or for the setting up of a Debt Management Programme.